Friday, May 30, 2014

Benefit Watt's Up vs. Girl Meets Pearl

I have a bit of an obsession with highlighters at the moment, and Benefit is definitely one of my favourite beauty brands out there, making a comparison between two of Benefit's most coveted highlighters a perfect second blog post idea. I tend to only apply highlighter to the tops of my cheekbones during the day, but apply it softly along the bridge of the nose and underneath the brow bone as well when I'm going out in the evening.


Girl Meets Pearl is a beautiful highlighter with warm, yellow undertones and gold sparkle. I find it more suitable for the evening as the shimmer is a definitely a lot less subtle against my pale skin tone than Watt's Up- the glitter is really pretty for night time! The packaging requires you to twist the bottom in order to release product through the 'grid-like' lid at the top. I personally find this a pain as I always end up with too much product left over in the lid, which makes such a mess.


Whilst I love Girl Meets Pearl, Watt's Up is definitely my favourite of the two. It is a gorgeous champagne highlighter, with just the right amount of shimmer to give a natural looking glow. It is a lot softer than Girl Meets Pearl, giving more of a dewy finish. This means it can be used both during the day and of an evening. I like the fact that it is a stick highlighter as it makes it so much easier to apply than Girl Meet's Pearl does, and also makes it easier to use the right amount of product. At the bottom of the tube is a small blending sponge which I have tried using it before but gave up- I found it so much easier just to blend out using my fingers. Blending is important with this highlighter though as the stick applicator means you can easily end up with a sharp, sudden line of highlighter running along your cheekbone!


I love both of these highlighters and will definitely continue using them throughout the summer. However, I really want to try a powder highlighter- I'm looking at you, Laura Mercier Baked Radiance Powder. ;)

8 comments:

  1. Ive been looking for a comparison review on these two for ages as I'm stuck between the two. So glad you followed me on Twitter & sent me your link xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh hope it was helpful then! hehe thankyou so much!xx

      Delete
  2. found your blog through twitter, and its so cute! love the cheekbone highlighter, going to have to get this
    just followed you on bloglovin xx

    www.mini-elle.co.uk

    collette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thankyou so much! would definitely recommend it hehe :) thankyou, just followed you back- love your blog design :Oxx

      Delete
  3. This has made me want to try them now! Would you mind checking out my blog? I am just about to post my new post and would love you to look at it! Thanks so much! (www.missellenbeauty.blogspot.co.uk) ����

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Benefit That Girl but haven't tried the pearl one it looks really nice so the next one I buy I will do a switch. Good comparison review Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have watts up already, going to have to try it again, as been in drawers for ages! X Bean's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete