Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette Review

The Urban Decay Naked palette is one of my favourite makeup products due to the high pigmentation and beautiful colours of the shadows. I love using it to create a smokey eye, but find the fact that it has only two matte shades slightly annoying. As a result of this, I went out and purchased the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette.


This compact palette has 6 full-sized eye shadows (5 matte and 1 shimmery highlighter), and a good sized mirror. The shadows have the same amazing pigmentation and colour payoff as the original Naked palette, and are soft without being powdery at all. They are really lovely to use and blend really easily, making it quite straightforward to create the look that you want. I tend to only use neutral eyeshadows and so I love the shade range. It allows for a mixture of looks- the darker end of the palette can be used to create an intense smokey eye, whilst the lighter end of the palette is perfect for everyday use. I particularly love the shade 'Venus', a satiny highlighter that gives a pretty but subtle shimmer and opens up the eye when used in the inner corner. The packaging is sleek and the palette is a good size for travelling with- I now choose to take this when travelling instead of lugging around the original Naked palette!


I absolutely love this palette and think it would make a great starter palette for people who are beginning to experiment with eyeshadows.

8 comments:

  1. Love the colors on this palette! I'm all for the natural makeup look. Great post!

    XoXo Shea L. ☞☞☞ kissmychocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review and I should really check out this palette as I am love neutral and matte shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I would definitely recommend it then! :)

      Delete
  3. This palette looks so nice, I have the Urban Decay Naked Palette but this would be perfect for my bag. A great post and your blog truly is amazing. I would appreciate it so much if you could check out my blog also x (I post theatrical makeup looks) www.beautyisacreationofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much that's so lovely of you! I just had a look at yours, I love it and have followed!xx

      Delete
  4. Cute blog. Followed you via bloglovin. Please, follow my blog back (not my profile).♥
    Link:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3947784

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Urban Decay palettes and i really want to get this one next!
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete