Monday, June 2, 2014

MAC Viva Glam 1- Review

It's definitely no big secret that I love red lipstick, and having spent much of my precious revision time this past month sitting on the MAC website and staring longingly at Viva Glam 1, I knew what had to happen when I spotted the MAC store in Covent Garden.


Since its purchase this lipstick has been worn as many times as physically possible, and it has definitely already secured its position as one of my top 3 favourite lipsticks of all time. It's a gorgeous deep red colour with cool brown undertones, and is a lot darker than the classic bright reds like Ruby Woo. I tend to prefer matte lipsticks due to their extreme lasting power and intense pigmentation, and this is lipstick is certainly no exception. When applied at 10 in the morning it lasts all day, including through eating and drinking- even then it requires a good scrub with my makeup remover to try and get it off in the evening. Matte lipsticks are very often extremely drying, but so long as I use a lip balm before applying, I do not find that it is uncomfortable to wear. I also love the almost velvety appearance of this lipstick- it applies really smoothly and does not require a lip liner to keep it in place.



Swatch of Ruby Woo (top) vs Viva Glam 1 (bottom)
Although MAC lipsticks are more expensive than the average lipstick I believe that they are definitely worth the extra money, and have a feeling that Viva Glam 1 will remain a firm favourite for quite some time.


10 comments:

  1. The color is absolutely amazing! I deeply share your love with red lipsticks (especially cherry red!). Have you tried some of the Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks by YSL? Some shades are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh no I haven't but I've heard loads about them and 'Le Rouge' has been on my wishlist for ages!xx

      Delete
  2. I too love red lipsticks and have many! It drives my hubby absolutely bonkers whenever I purchase a new red lippie cause they all look the same to him. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha they're so amazing though- you can never have too many! ;)

      Delete
  3. This colour is Amazing, I love red lips and MAC lipsticks are so nice and pigmented. Love your blog too hun, please find me on Blogger/ Twitter, I'm new on the blogging scene :) xxx

    @lyndsey_parry

    http://clockworkbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thankyou! have just checked out and followed your blog, I love your Revlon suede lipstick review- I'm gonna have to try some now!xx

      Delete
  4. Viva glam is my favourite of the two, i love a dark red.

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out on my blog!

    Keli | www.kelskurls.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you soso much, that genuinely means a lot!xx

      Delete
  5. Hey, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Click here to have a nosey at what you need to do http://effortlesslyexcessive.blogspot.fi/2014/06/the-liebster-award.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sososo much that's so lovely of you! My post will be up soon! :)xx

      Delete